Finding the best gaming headsets is not always easy. The range of gaming headsets is so wide that we can easily get lost in so many models, making it harder for us to choose one headset. We can go for a cheap gaming headset or we can go for a high-end one if we can allow ourselves to spend more money.
If you are looking for the best gaming headsets of 2018, as a gamer you already know that sound is a key factor when you are sitting in front of the screen with the controller in your hands in order to play games and have a great leisure time. Having a good gaming headset will make a difference at certain moments. For example, a good headset could give you clues about your enemies and allies’ whereabouts. It could warn you about recent events that are not shown on screen, like a possible shooting.
This is why it is important to choose the best gaming headsets of 2018. On the one hand, we should go for a headset that gives us a better game experience; on the other hand, the headset should stay within our budget. We also have to take into account some aspects when choosing gaming headsets.
- Headband. It is essential for a gaming headset to have a comfortable headband that fits our heads seamlessly. It should be the right size so it stays on our heads. We also have to pay attention to the headband cushion, meaning that they should be breathable so the sweat can evaporate easily.
- Weight. This is another element to take into account because we will be wearing the headset on our heads. What is the perfect weight for a gaming headset?
- Autonomy. This element is closely related to the previous one. We have to bear in mind that we need a headset with a battery that lasts for hours in order to play games seamlessly. The headset should have an autonomy of around 8-10 hours. This does not imply being heavier.
- Noise-cancelling microphone. This feature would let us pick up any sound through the microphone while canceling out any external noise, which means that our voice would be crispier and clearer.
- Features. A good gaming headset should have NFC and Bluetooth 4.0. It is also good if the headset has A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), SBC (Low-Complexity Subband Coding) and aptX profiles.
- Compatibility. It is essential to check if the gaming headset is compatible with our consoles. Usually, most of the headsets work seamlessly with the PS4, Xbox360, Xbox One and Windows.